Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year of the Void

It is but the topic to write for.

The year 2008 was an year worth living through. Personally that is. As for the nation, well, everyone knows the "downs" that impacted our lives - directly or indirectly - terror attacks, recession, financial worries, layoffs among other things.

By far, besides being the worst year of my life, 2008 meant literally living through silent and invisible hell. And at the end of that hell, stands nothing. Just void. There is this feeling of emptiness from within and nullification of those thoughts that used to preoccupy my mind.

The reasons for the feeling of hell on earth might well be because of personal reasons and several other factors. But, at the end of it all, I thought to myself as I do now: " Did I deserve all this?" or "Why did all this happen to me?" Unfortunately, the void stares back from within myself. No answers, no more questions to myself.

Probably that is what the year meant to leave behind in my life. At the end of all this madness in the world and inside/outside ourselves, there is this ultimate void for sure. It might also mean that no matter how much one may worry, yearn, achieve, lose,win in life - there is nothing going to be left behind us. Maybe this is similar to the end result of a tumultuous period like a war, or a depression and life in general. Just what this year was. An year of void.....

8 comments:

dharmabum said...

sometimes, the answers come in retrospect. sometimes, they never come at all.

i live by the faith that what happens is exactly what was meant to happen to me.

Shini said...

Yep, a positive outlook always helps.

phish said...

i believe in the bum. more often than not, as we sit and think of a time, it always seems we could have done better.

look forward. there is a year full of opportunities waiting for you to come by and pick them up.

have a good year. and stop thinking of the void :)

Shini said...

:) well thanks for visiting by again phish, and yes its better to look forward... with hopes for a better, happy new year..

ESIH said...

The year is gone for good for me..and I dare not retrospect, for the void is too big.

Shini said...

I bet several folks around, would second your opinion!

Anki said...

last year was very crappy for me ....not exactly a void but crappy ....but I am looking forward to this New Year...hopefully...good things will happen to all of us :-)

Shini said...

Hope what you wished for comes true for all of us - sad souls! :)

Ideas, immigration and introspection

What is an idea worth really? For several centuries, and even the present one, it isn't worth a lot until put to execution. Years back, ...