Friday, January 30, 2009

Too much noise

The apartment complex in Hyderabad where I live in, has kids of various ages, but those that are below the age of 3 outnumber the rest. Every evening, as I come tired from office, I am welcome to their playing around the parking lot or at the adjacent kids' park or on my apartment's floor. Most of the time, their noise continues till late around 10 p.m. Their endless chatter and games make the atmosphere lively as I keep watching them from my balcony.

It so happened one fine evening, as I was flipping chappatis in the kitchen, that I heard a group of them rush to the floor. All the while most of them shouting and make noises till they reached one end of the floor. One of them later on, shoo-shoos the entire group and then there is pin-drop silence. I wondered why. Then again, every one rushes back from the other end and this cycle of noise and shoo-shooing continues. Hearing them giggle, I cannot but help giggle to myself and at their innocence.

All of a sudden, one of the neighbors, comes out screaming at the kids - " hey all of you! Too much noise around this floor! Go downstairs and play! Will you? or I'll tell your mom!"

Poor kids, I think, as I hear them slowly dispersing off.

The incident reminds me of how as adults we have changed becoming intolerant to a little noise around us and worrying ourselves with the baggage of tensions, worldly wisdom, grudges and complaints all the time. The kids are a gifted lot though, with their innocence still intact, they continue giggling, shouting, shooing, irrespective of what's happening around them. The kids reminded me of life's lesson. To take it as it comes in life, irrespective of whatever happens around you, keep that "thing" going.

5 comments:

ESIH said...

It's true..as adults our level of perseverance definitely has reduced...and once in a while..these small things in life teaches us a lesson or two...

Shini said...

hmm... also makes me miss my childhood...

dharmabum said...

oh i love children. as long as they belong others, and stay a mile away :D

Shini said...

:D I can't but help comment - "Men will be men" - yeah other's children are sweet unless you donot have your own!

Karthik Sankar said...

Children personify innocence. In a way we are angry cause we know we have lost our glorious days. But then it is only when we grow up we discern these things. But then its great to be grown up...to take up challenges with tenacity and persevere to achieve. Imagine what would have happened if Einstein,Bill Gates etc...never grew up !!!:)may be the world would have been easier to live ;) I leave it at that for you to ponder...
check out my poem titled "children" at the below
URL:
http://technicalphilosopher-poems.blogspot.com/

Ideas, immigration and introspection

What is an idea worth really? For several centuries, and even the present one, it isn't worth a lot until put to execution. Years back, ...