Sunday, June 8, 2008

Unrest

There is lot of unrest in life these days. Marriage has created new plans for me I guess. Lots of things have conspired before my eyes until now. From childhood, where I used to visit cities because my Dad's job was transferreble to being in Madras for schooling, running past those competitions in class X ,XII and college for getting the best marks, going away from home to an alien country to do higher studies, deciding to come back home to marry my love and now settling down to plan ahead, is a whirlwind of events if I think of it... It reminds me of that poem we used to read in our high school English class by W.H.Davies:
"WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare. "

Now, I think, those carefree pre-high school days were much better....

1 comment:

man in painting said...

Only when gone we know the value of anything...especially moments..
nice post.
keep posting.
best wishes.
bye
me too blog.
do visit.

Ideas, immigration and introspection

What is an idea worth really? For several centuries, and even the present one, it isn't worth a lot until put to execution. Years back, ...